Friday 20 September 2013

WIT #Benefit Hello Flawless Powder Foundation

Hi guys, I'm gonna start doing more reviews from now on :) and call them "WIT#" which stands for What I Think, hope you like it.
I will be reviewing my holy grail powder- Benefit Hello Flawless Powder Foundation. Before you guys read on, I'm warning you there will be photos of my bare skin and let me tell you, it is not a good sight because I have heaps of acne and scarring. omgggg I can't believe I'm showing the world my bare skin :o




 I love this powder so much that as soon as I hit pan, I bought a backup because I know I won't be able to live without it. Benefit also recently changed their packaging which I actually like better, but other than that everything is exactly the same. It comes with a sponge and a brush for application, but I much prefer my own brushes (real technique buffing brush). It also comes with a pamphlet telling you that the sponge will give you more coverage and the brush will be more sheer and light.

So what do I think about this...
Coverage
I prefer powder foundation over liquid because I like the matte and dry finish on my face and I own around 8-9 powders (MAC, Laura Mercier, Rimmel, Maybelline), I can say that Benefit gives the best and highest coverage. I would say it has a medium to high coverage, considering it is a powder foundation which of course won't be as good as liquid. After a bit of concealer and this powder, the redness of my face totally disappear and just a bit of the pigmented scars is visible. 

Lasting Power
Once again, comparing to all my other powders, this last the longest. This powder last around 4 hours on my face before I can start feeling a bit of shine and for your reference, I have combination oily skin. 

Colour
Benefit offers 8 shades which is pretty good and color range really caters for all skin tone. I'm in the color "Honey (I'm cute as a bunny)", which has a yellow undertone and matches my Asian skin perfectly. I was deciding between "Honey" and "Champagne" but I believe "Champagne" is leaning towards the pink undertone and is a tad lighter than "Honey". 

Pros
  • medium coverage
  • light on skin
  • matte finish
  • long lasting (<4 hours)
  • wide color range
  • cute packaging
Cons
  • if over apply it can look cakey
  • not as much product as you thought
  • could be pricey
And here comes the photos, prepare yourself

Before concealer and powder :(
  After concealer
After powder, yeahhhhhhhh :D

If you live in Australia, I think this powder retails for $50-55, which is quite expensive for a powder in my opinion, since I do use powder everyday and that would mean I need to repurchase it more often. Thank goodness that the Benefit site does offer international shipping and if you purchase over $125 you can receive free shipping :) On the site, it retails for $34 which is a price I'm willing to pay for this baby because I seriously cannot live without it. 

On the days that I know I will be out for a long time and on the days when my skin is doing really bad, I will whip this baby out because somehow it boosts up my self esteem, I guess it does make me feel 'Flawless' as it claims hahaha. 

Rating: 4/5



2 comments:

  1. aww edwina u are so cute!!!
    anyway, nice review! keep them coming :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'm just being honest :) Thank you!!!!!

      Delete