Tuesday 2 July 2013

Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquer

Rimmel's Apocalips are finally out in Australia, also known as Show off in America. It retails for $15.95 here, but you can also get it from asos for under $8. Some of the colours that we have in Aus is a bit different to America. 


Top to bottom: Apocaliptic, Nova, Luna, Solstice (asos), Apocaliptic [for my friend]
When you first open the lipstick, the part shown in the photo is actually transparent and as you pull the applicator out, the colour fills that area. I found it pretty cool hahahaha
The applicator has a little hole in it which I found it quite interesting when applying to the lips
but then I think it grabs too much of the product
Apocaliptic: bright hot pink, it even appears as a red on my lips. I still don't have the guts to wear a true red lipstick out yet, so this is a good substitute for me now.
Solstice: Natural mauve colour, and to me it's a 'my lips but better' colour with my skintone
Luna: bright peach colour, better for the summer


Now to the pros and cons

PROS:
  • highly pigmented
  • creamy
  • mositurising 
  •  good colour range (from bright to nude)
  • bright colour stains your lips
  • precise application with the applicator
CONS:
  • easily transfer
  • applicator grabs too much product
Even though it transfer easily, but if you blot it a bit then it's all good :)

Rating: 4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment